Yesterday I was speaking to a customer and they asked me why would they want to post videos to YouTube. This lead to a great discussion on the merits of video marketing and the value of YouTube in particular.
Some of our take away points:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the U.S. – behind only Google (it’s owner)
- YouTube passed 20 Billion pageviews/month in October 2011
- The average YouTube user watches 7 hours of video per month
- YouTube can push Videos to Facebook and Twitter
- You can put links to Virtual Tours and your site in video descriptions
So even if only 1 percent of the pageviews on YouTube are real estate related that is still 200 Million pageviews a month. This is 200 Million opportunities per month to promote your listings or promote yourself as the real estate agent of choice.
Why wouldn’t you post videos to YouTube?